So, as the title here suggests, I have decided to take some time away from my solo RPG adventure and focus on learning a few tools that will ultimately help me out with said adventure.
I have backed a KickStarter project for the Lazy DM part two, and I have a friend who is willing to participate in my world building exercise of Roleplaying for History. In such, I plan to incorporate the following into a campaign to achieve a few goals.
- Return of the Lazy DM
- Mythic GME
- The Tome of Adventure Design
- d100 Dungeon
- Castle Oldskull : Game World Generator
- Castle Oldskull : The Classic Dungeon Design Guide
- Common Sense and my own brain
The goals that I want to achieve are:
- Generate a game world that is believable and feels alive
- Create a narrative around a central player and expand their knowledge of the world and their importance, or lack there of, in it
- Create realistic, yet satisfying, content that is neither over the top OP combat nor underwhelming
- Have a good time with a friend and test out my creative skills
So, thanks for bearing with me… For those who are actually reading this and sticking around that is :)